- NRPA 2012 Report and Report Card…..View the Report. View the Report Card.
- Water Quality Sampling and Monitoring Expanding to Bennett’s Creek. Currently, 9 sites -Nansemond River, 4 site – Shingle Creek
- NRPA Photo Contest “Work and Play” Winner will be announced on October 15 at River Talk
- River Talk, October 15, 2014, 6:30 – 8:00 PM, CE&H Rurtain Hall, Speaker: Roy Hoagland, Director, W&M Virginia Coastal Policy Clinic, 8881 Eclipse Drive. Free
- NWI Boat Trip October 21 – 25, 2014, Marshfield Studies October 28 & 29, 2014, Bennett’s Creek Park..volunteers needed.
The mission of the Nansemond River Preservation Alliance is to raise public awareness and encourage environmental stewardship of the Nansemond River, Chuckatuck Creek, Bennett’s Creek …
The Nansemond River was named for the Native American tribe that fished its waters for thousands of years before European settlers arrived. In 1609, Captain John Smith sailed into the Nansemond River …
Nansemond Watershed Iniative Programs
Nansemond River Preservation Alliance is leading the efforts on several projects that residents can participate. Water Quality Monitoring Project–Begin sampling in November…
Make a Difference
Our mission is to work together with residents, government, business and civic/community organizations to better manage the environmental stewardship of the Nansemond River watershed…