- NRPA 2012 Report and Report Card…..View the Report. View the Report Card.
- Water Quality Sampling and Monitoring. Currently, 9 sites -Nansemond River, 4 sites – Shingle Creek. 2015 expanding to Bennett’s Creek, 3 sites.
- VA DEQ & NRPA sponsor public session on TMDL January 29, 1:00 – 3:00 PM, CE&H Ruritan Hall, 8881 Eclipse Dr.
- December 16, 4:30. NRPA Full Board Meeting
- March 24 & 25 2015: 100+ volunteers from Keurig will remove invasive species and restore buffer at Sleepy Hole Park and Lone Star Lakes.
The mission of the Nansemond River Preservation Alliance is to raise public awareness and encourage environmental stewardship of the Nansemond River, Chuckatuck Creek, Bennett’s Creek …
The Nansemond River was named for the Native American tribe that fished its waters for thousands of years before European settlers arrived. In 1609, Captain John Smith sailed into the Nansemond River …
Nansemond Watershed Iniative Programs
Nansemond River Preservation Alliance is leading the efforts on several projects that residents can participate. Water Quality Monitoring Project–Begin sampling in November…
Make a Difference
Our mission is to work together with residents, government, business and civic/community organizations to better manage the environmental stewardship of the Nansemond River watershed…