Download NRPA 2014 State of the Nansemond River and Its Tribitaries Report (PDF)
Download W&M Coastal Policy Center Suffolk Study (PDF)
- Oct 12, Colonial Pipeline Community Project- Bennetts Creek Park
- Oct 17, River Talk – Environmental – HRSD Research Project in North Suffolk – Open to the Public
- Oct 19, Wetlands Board Meeting
- Nov 4, Planting – Sleepy Hole Park – Call for Volunteers!!
- Nov 5, Citizen Science Project – Plotting Highest Tide Project
Seeking volunteers for the NRPA’s programs and activities. Please call 757-708-6114 if interested.
The mission of the Nansemond River Preservation Alliance is to raise public awareness and encourage environmental stewardship of the Nansemond River, Chuckatuck Creek, Bennett’s Creek …
The Nansemond River was named for the Native American tribe that fished its waters for thousands of years before European settlers arrived. In 1609, Captain John Smith sailed into the Nansemond River …
Nansemond Watershed Iniative Programs
Nansemond River Preservation Alliance is leading the efforts on several projects that residents can participate. Water Quality Monitoring Project–Begin sampling in November…
Make a Difference
Our mission is to work together with residents, government, business and civic/community organizations to better manage the environmental stewardship of the Nansemond River watershed…