Donate to the NRPA!
Download NRPA 2016 State of the Nansemond River and Its Tribitaries Report (PDF)
Download W&M Coastal Policy Center Suffolk Study (PDF)
- March 9, 8:00 AM, Maintenance at Sleepy Hole Park
- March 24, 9:00 AM – Noon. Clean the Banks of the Nansemond River – North Main Street. Meet at Burger King Parking lot.
- March 27, 6:30 Social, 7:00 – 8:00 PM,Program. River Talk, Byrum Carmean, Tree Expert and Steven Kirkpatrick, Invasive Species Expert
- March 29, 3:30 – 5:30 PM Monthly Nansemond River Sampling -
- April 3-4, NRPA presentation at VA Environmental Symposium
- April 14, 9:00 – 11:00 AM, Planting at Riparian Buffer Native Plant Arboretum Demonstration Site – Sleepy Hole Park
- April 21, 10:00 AM -4:00 PM, NRPA display, Historic Garden Week, Eclipse Area. Carolyn and Dick Barry’s Home, Wigeneil Ext.
- April 22, 2:00 – 4:00 PM, Earth Day on the Nansemond! Dedication Ceremony and Celebration – Sleepy Hole Park Riparian Buffer & Native Garden Demonstration Site Free and Open to the public
Seeking volunteers for the NRPA’s programs and activities. Please call 757-708-6114 if interested.
The mission of the Nansemond River Preservation Alliance is to raise public awareness and encourage environmental stewardship of the Nansemond River, Chuckatuck Creek, Bennett’s Creek …
The Nansemond River was named for the Native American tribe that fished its waters for thousands of years before European settlers arrived. In 1609, Captain John Smith sailed into the Nansemond River …
Nansemond Watershed Iniative Programs
Nansemond River Preservation Alliance is leading the efforts on several projects that residents can participate. Water Quality Monitoring Project–Begin sampling in November…
Make a Difference
Our mission is to work together with residents, government, business and civic/community organizations to better manage the environmental stewardship of the Nansemond River watershed…