NRPA September 2015 River Chat newsletter (PDF)
Download NRPA 2014 State of the Nansemond River and Its Tribitaries Report (PDF)
Download NRPA Spring Newsletter 2015 (PDF)
Download W&M Coastal Policy Center Suffolk Study (PDF)
- September 21, Monthly DEQ Water Sampling
- September 26, VDH DSS Water Sampling
- October 12, Public Session, Green Infrastructure Meeting, City Hall 7:00 PM
- October 17 & 18, Marshfield Study Program (7th graders)
- November 5, Clean the Nansemond River (Downtown Area) 9:00 – noon. Volunteers needed!
- November 15, River Talk – Open to the Public
- November 19, 100 ft Enhancement Project – Sleepy Hole Park, 9:00 AM - Noon. Volunteers needed! Planting Phase.
Seeking volunteers for the NRPA programs and activities. Please call 757-708-6114 if interested.
The mission of the Nansemond River Preservation Alliance is to raise public awareness and encourage environmental stewardship of the Nansemond River, Chuckatuck Creek, Bennett’s Creek …
The Nansemond River was named for the Native American tribe that fished its waters for thousands of years before European settlers arrived. In 1609, Captain John Smith sailed into the Nansemond River …
Nansemond Watershed Iniative Programs
Nansemond River Preservation Alliance is leading the efforts on several projects that residents can participate. Water Quality Monitoring Project–Begin sampling in November…
Make a Difference
Our mission is to work together with residents, government, business and civic/community organizations to better manage the environmental stewardship of the Nansemond River watershed…